Here at Meditech, we take the protection of your personal data with extreme seriousness and treat your personal data in agreement with the legal data protection obligations.
Collection of personal data.
You can use our website with the confidence that we will not disclose, sell or transfer your personal data to any third party nor do we collect personal data from third parties. We only use data given to us by you via phone, email, fax or via our website or gathered from public domain. We only collect data needed to provide our customers with the products and services that they require and to send out occasional marketing emails.
This will include:
- Company names
- Employee names
- Business addresses
- Email addresses
- Phone numbers
- Fax numbers
All of which will be provided by the customer/business. We will collect additional information from customers who apply for and/or obtain credit accounts
- Bank account details
- Your credit history and other financial information either credit searches you have authorised or provided as part of your application.
Processing of personal data.
We process your data only so that we can provide you with goods and services.
These processes include;
- Managing & maintaining your account
- Any process required to provide you with goods and services, for example ordering, invoicing, crediting, payment and quoting
- Delivery of goods to your premises or to an address provided by you
- Considering an application for credit.
- Communicating with you about your account, including notification of any changes, price increases and payments.
- Analysing of customer ordering patterns and transaction history
- Sending our information about new products, offers or surveys
- Processing your data in this way is necessary to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you as a supplier.
If at any time these details change, please contact us to update your information. Whenever your account is used, we will collect transactional information regarding goods purchased, payment method, date and time of purchase. We only do this when we have your consent and your data will only be accessed by approved members of staff who require this data to complete your request.
Storing of personal data.
We store your data on secure servers and any printed documentation is kept in our office or in a secure location.
Keeping personal data secure.
Internet communications are not secure and therefore B.N.O.S Meditech Ltd does not accept legal responsibility for the security of your data in transit. Any data you send to us is your own risk.
We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we have it,
Use of data.
We collect and use your information in the following circumstances:
- Legal obligation
- where we believe it is necessary to use your information to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- where our use of your information is necessary for us to perform the contract or contracts, we have with you. For example, following up on quotes or enquiries.
- Legitimate interest
- Where our use of your information is for our legitimate interests and we have made sure that your information and your rights in relation to that information are protected. We use this legal basis to contact you occasionally via email, phone&/or fax with products and services that maybe of interest to you. We have balanced our legitimate interests with any potential risks to your data protection rights and consider that these are outweighed by the significant benefits of being able to provide and improve our products and services.
- With your consent
- when filling in data on our website to request documentation we will ask for consent to use this data for marketing purposes and on the rare occasion that we pass your data on to a third party, e.g. a distributor
You have the right to object to the use of your data for marketing purposes. Please contact us using the methods at the end of this document or on the ‘contact us’ page accessible via our website.
We would like to contact you from time to time about products and offers that we feel are of interest to you. We feel it is in both our and your legitimate interests to send out these targeted marketing emails, as we feel it benefits both parties with our compromising your data protection rights. You may unsubscribe at any time by contacting us.
How long do we keep your information.
It is a legal requirement that we keep accounting records for a period of 10 years.
We will only keep your information for as long as it is necessary for us to fulfil the purposes that we describe in this policy and fulfil our legal obligations. All data will be assessed regularly and deleted accordingly. You have the right to rectify any data that is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us using the methods below. You have the right to request the deletion of data that we hold where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing and where the data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Who will we share your data with:
We do not share your personal data with third parties except in the following circumstances:
- Where we have to pass on your details to a distributor – we will only do this with your consent.
- Where it is necessary to do so in order to process your order for example with carriers/freight forwarders.
- With any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation or, otherwise, to protect our rights of any third party.
- With any third party that purchase, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try and ensure that the entity to which we transfer your information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this policy.
Links to other websites:
B.N.O.S Meditech Ltd Unit 9,
Fifth Avenue, Bluebridge Industrial Estate,
Phone: +44 1787 479475,
Fax: +44 01787 477747,