The RedVac vacuum mattress is used to fix and immobilise patients suspected of having spinal fractures, hurt or broken extremities. The applications are limited to preclinical assistance and the first phase of clinical support. The Red Vac® vacuum mattresses are not suited for permanent immobilisation, they are for pre-hospital use to transport patients to the Hospital.
- The mattresses, shaped according to the contours of the body, offers comfortable and safe immobilization even in the tightest of spaces
- Trouble-free patient positioning, even in a lateral position
- After the air has been extracted, the mattress becomes very dimensionally stable, making it easy and safe to transport
- Minimal shrinkage
- Extremely stable and flexible, even at extreme temperatures
- Good insulation, protects against hypothermia
- Good floating ability
- Robust, self-closing vacuum valve with adapter for all vacuum pumps.
- Biocompatible, durable TPU outer shell with soft and comfortable patient side, quick and easy to clean.
- Ergonomic, detachable and freely positionable heavy-duty handles.
- The mattresses can also be strapped on quickly during use in order to be able to quickly adapt to the situation.
Splints are used to immobilise an individual limb, e.g. a leg and offer a number of advantages for safely transporting the patient from the scene of an accident to the hospital to ensure no further damage is caused in transportation.
A restraint system for the safe transport of children in ambulances. The system is compatible with most stretchers. The system fits newborns as well as children up to about 7 years of age, with a height of 130 cm and a weight of 35 kg. The JUNIOR system can be used with or without a vacuum mattress.